Skip to main content

Random, Random, Random

Good Morning,

I got up this morning to some thundering and rain.  I decided that I was just going to be my random self without a schedule.  I initially thought I was going to church today, but decided to just do church at home with the television, The Bible, and fellowship with my husband that didn't want to go.  I kind of felt guilty because I skipped church last week to go shopping (the Devil is a lie; LOL).  Being my random self, I am sitting at home thinking about what I am going to wear for my first day of work tomorrow at my new job; what I am inspired to write about for my contribution to a magazine; what I am going to eat today; and what I am going to write next for today's post. 

Yesterday, I received some news that my best friend will be visiting me from Philly next month.  I am absolutely thrilled since the last time I saw her was three years ago; however her husband came to visit the family last summer while on business.  She is my best girlfriend.  We share the same interests; however we are different in many ways.  When I talk to her, she makes me feel my best.  Love you, Lisa.


http://www.anntaylor.com/

Excuse my unmade bed.
Well, I decided to wear a halter top to work yesterday with a blacktight fitting long skirt.  It was a good choice because I bought the items from Ann Taylor (the skirt two seasons ago and the top last week).  When I wore it to work, my boss complimented me on how well it looked.  She decided to put me in the same section where the shirt was located; hoping to sell more of them.  There were some interested clients; however they didn't like the way that it looked on them.  I did encounter something rather interesting:  clients look at things and make an assumption on it before trying it on.  For example, one client saw the shirt on me and was trying to figure out what size she needed.  She said she may need a medium and I suggested that she try the medium and the large. She then asked me if I was wearing a medium top.  I told her no; I am wearing an XS.  She had this shocked look on her face.  I told her I work out.  She said that she didn't. A point that comes to mind is the quote from Rick Owens:  "Working out is modern couture. No outfit is going to make you look or feel as good as having a fit body. Buy less clothing and go to the gym instead."

This is so true.  After my weight loss, I love the way my clothes flow on me.  I think that is one of the reasons why I am successful at work and selling the Ann Taylor brand.  Clothes can only do so much for you if you are not fit.  There is not a one size fits all and you cannot judge a book or clothing by its cover.  Keep in mind muscle takes up less space than body fat.  I want to say thank you Rick Owens for this quote.  I loved the quote so much I made a copy of it and framed over my mirror in bedroom for inspiration.

Rick Owens; One of My Muses

Many, Many, Many Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dooney and Bourke Florentine Smith Bag in Royal Blue

Good Morning All, I have been enjoying this nice Chicago weather we have.  It has been around 70-80 degrees for almost two weeks now.  It is kind of creepy.  I went to Culver's yesterday to get one of my favorite treats, a three scoop lemon Ice and while in the drive through I see a big bumblebee.  Spring is definitely in the air.  I am waiting for the ball to drop.  Will we be getting 6 inches of snow in May?  Anyways, I got a new bag.  Well, I exchanged a bag that I had bought about two months ago for this bag.  It is the Dooney and Bourke Florentine Smith Bag in Royal Blue.  I had purchased this bag in white/tan for the spring and had a change of heart.  I like white bags; however, they don't wear well.  Eventually they will get some kind of color transfer from denim or they will yellow overtime. I have a Chloe and Marc Jacobs bag that did that.  Well, the bag in my opinion is not royal blue in person.  It is more of a cerulean blue... that same cerulean blue that cause

Dooney and Bourke is Becoming My Favorite Again

Alto Canvas Wide Tassel Bag Amazon Medium Double Gussett Satchel Alto Magnetic Crossbody Florentine Drawstring Florentine Mini Satchel Mauro Governa Crocodile Double Shopper As I mentioned earlier, I am a total handbag and shoe fanatic.  I loved handbags every since  I received my first Coach bag at the age of 12. As the years went by, I went from being a Coach fanatic to a Dooney and Bourke fanatic, back to a Coach fanatic, and then I ventured into highend designer bags.  I have a personal SA at Louis Vuitton, a SA for Celine Luggage Bags at Barneys and the list goes on.  One thing I could never bring myself to buy was a Birkin Bag.  However, I did purchase a Hermes Evelyn last year and had buyer's remorse so I returned it.  I don't know why because I bought about 11 bags last year ranging from Bottega Veneta, Celine, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton.  I could of owned about five Birkins by now.  I figured Birkins weren't quite my style along with

Is Blogging Dead?

Hello To All. I have been missing in action from this blog since 2015.  I am the type of person that gets bored with things quite quickly.  I have a question for you today.  Is blogging dead?  There are millions of blogs out there covering everything from fashion, food, homes, wine, and etc.  With the fashion piece, Instagram has taken over the need to post a  blog about what a person is wearing and what the audience should buy. However, is it quite necessary to share with the world everything that a person does in their life. I am signing off with this open ended question; should you leave things to the  imagination?  Ponder on that question; will you. Until next time, many, many, many, blessings!