Skip to main content

Mentoring and Random Things

Good Morning To All,
It has been a long time since I got up on early Sunday morning to work on my blog.  I have been in such a frenzy lately and find it hard to concentrate on just one thing.  As I look back on the previous week, I have been thinking heavily on the future of our country and the world. Most important, the future of inner city youth.  Living in the surrounding areas of Chicago, I hear of all the violence and despair in the urban communities.  This is not something new; however, it is a problem when the problem affects the entire city and surrounding areas.  In my honest opinion, I believe the underlying factor to these problems is no accountability.  Some may blame racism, slavery, sexism, or whatever ism that may be out there.  In life we make choices rather good or bad that can effect the rest of our lives.  Man, I have made some choices in the past where I am kicking myself today for.  I would love to mentor some of these communities, but reluctant because I can't even mentor my own kid.

Let me ask you a question, can you mentor someone when you can't even mentor your own child who is in your home?

Just a random picture of me taken my daughter before work.  Clothes courtesy of Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft.
On a pleasant note, I found this nail polish by Revlon called Scented Perfume.  Me being me, opened the nail polish in the store to smell this scented perfume.  It smelled like nail polish to me....acetone.  I didn't care because I didn't choose the polish for the scent but for its price point of $4.99 on sale at Walgreens and the color.  I tried the color on one nail this morning just to see how it would look.  About 10 minutes later, I noticed an unfamiliar aroma surrounding me; like a mocha.  To my amazement it was the nail polish.  Go figure.

This week, I am going to concentrate on being a better person and a blessing to others.  I am very blessed to have a roof over my head and a family that loves me.  I came across a story of a former friend that lost her home to foreclosure and had to declare bankruptcy.  This woman was a Lieutenant in the Navy and was discharged.  I hate to see this happen to anyone.  It just reminds me that we have to humble ourselves and never take anything for granted.  Trust me, my family has been there and by the grace of the Creator, it does get better.

Blessings, and many, many Blessings to the Smith family.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dooney and Bourke Florentine Smith Bag in Royal Blue

Good Morning All, I have been enjoying this nice Chicago weather we have.  It has been around 70-80 degrees for almost two weeks now.  It is kind of creepy.  I went to Culver's yesterday to get one of my favorite treats, a three scoop lemon Ice and while in the drive through I see a big bumblebee.  Spring is definitely in the air.  I am waiting for the ball to drop.  Will we be getting 6 inches of snow in May?  Anyways, I got a new bag.  Well, I exchanged a bag that I had bought about two months ago for this bag.  It is the Dooney and Bourke Florentine Smith Bag in Royal Blue.  I had purchased this bag in white/tan for the spring and had a change of heart.  I like white bags; however, they don't wear well.  Eventually they will get some kind of color transfer from denim or they will yellow overtime. I have a Chloe and Marc Jacobs bag that did that.  Well, the bag in my opinion is not royal blue in person.  It is more of a cerulean blue... that same cerulean blue that cause

Dooney and Bourke is Becoming My Favorite Again

Alto Canvas Wide Tassel Bag Amazon Medium Double Gussett Satchel Alto Magnetic Crossbody Florentine Drawstring Florentine Mini Satchel Mauro Governa Crocodile Double Shopper As I mentioned earlier, I am a total handbag and shoe fanatic.  I loved handbags every since  I received my first Coach bag at the age of 12. As the years went by, I went from being a Coach fanatic to a Dooney and Bourke fanatic, back to a Coach fanatic, and then I ventured into highend designer bags.  I have a personal SA at Louis Vuitton, a SA for Celine Luggage Bags at Barneys and the list goes on.  One thing I could never bring myself to buy was a Birkin Bag.  However, I did purchase a Hermes Evelyn last year and had buyer's remorse so I returned it.  I don't know why because I bought about 11 bags last year ranging from Bottega Veneta, Celine, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton.  I could of owned about five Birkins by now.  I figured Birkins weren't quite my style along with

Is Blogging Dead?

Hello To All. I have been missing in action from this blog since 2015.  I am the type of person that gets bored with things quite quickly.  I have a question for you today.  Is blogging dead?  There are millions of blogs out there covering everything from fashion, food, homes, wine, and etc.  With the fashion piece, Instagram has taken over the need to post a  blog about what a person is wearing and what the audience should buy. However, is it quite necessary to share with the world everything that a person does in their life. I am signing off with this open ended question; should you leave things to the  imagination?  Ponder on that question; will you. Until next time, many, many, many, blessings!