Skip to main content

Decluttering is Not Just Limited to Things


Illustration by saint.barbie     Clutter       

Good Morning,

I couldn't sleep.  It is about 1AM in the morning and I am up blogging away.  However, I did go to bed around 7PM.  I will declutter my brain and then go back to sleep until I have to get up for the gym.

The beginning of the year always means out with the old and in with the new.  Stores always advertise sales on storage containers for Christmas decorations or things that need to be stored.  Stores like the Container Store advertise shelving and closet solutions along with hangers. As part of my clutter resolution which I do several times a year, I clean my closet and donate anything I don't wear anymore to the Salvation Army or the Purple Hearts.  I also go through old papers and bills and toss them.  Decluttering for me isn't just throwing away things I don't need or storing away things not being used, but decluttering people from your life as well.  To determine what needs to be purged, I ask myself who doesn't make me feel good about myself when I am around them.  To elaborate, I ask  myself does this person make me feel good about myself, when I am in their company.  Do I feel indifferent about myself?  It is not like I am looking for people to boost my ego or confidence, but people that have my best interest at heart.  In order to determine that, you will need a spirit of discernment and that is when wisdom comes into play.  Remember, people that mean you no earthly good come with smiling faces and eventually they will show their true selves.  What I do is go through my contact list in my Blackberry and evaluate all of my relationships with the contacts.  If I feel that the relationship is taxing on me, I delete them from my contact list.  I stop calling.  If they call me, I am cordial; however, I will limit the amount of time speaking with them.  I love from afar.  If an opportunity presents itself for us to pick back up where we left off, I may entertain it but not before I analyze my present place.

Clutter creates a nuisance on organization.  The clutter of people can have that same impact on your life.  I have had people in my life including relatives that I thought were for me, but say and do things out of spite and jealousy.  However, I will give people the benefit of the doubt in this stage of my life, because people are human and they inadvertently do things.  It is up to me to shut it down so I can be the best possible me that I can be without the clutter.  When you say yes to everyone, you say not to yourself.  I believe that you must be able to take care of yourself first before you are able to take care of people. However, on a Spiritual realm,  taking care of people can aid in you taking care of yourself.

Blessings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone daily.

    Follow our trades NOW & profit up to 270% a day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dooney and Bourke Florentine Smith Bag in Royal Blue

Good Morning All, I have been enjoying this nice Chicago weather we have.  It has been around 70-80 degrees for almost two weeks now.  It is kind of creepy.  I went to Culver's yesterday to get one of my favorite treats, a three scoop lemon Ice and while in the drive through I see a big bumblebee.  Spring is definitely in the air.  I am waiting for the ball to drop.  Will we be getting 6 inches of snow in May?  Anyways, I got a new bag.  Well, I exchanged a bag that I had bought about two months ago for this bag.  It is the Dooney and Bourke Florentine Smith Bag in Royal Blue.  I had purchased this bag in white/tan for the spring and had a change of heart.  I like white bags; however, they don't wear well.  Eventually they will get some kind of color transfer from denim or they will yellow overtime. I have a Chloe and Marc Jacobs bag that did that.  Well, the bag in my opinion is not royal blue in person.  It is more of a cerulean blue... that same cerulean blue that cause

Dooney and Bourke is Becoming My Favorite Again

Alto Canvas Wide Tassel Bag Amazon Medium Double Gussett Satchel Alto Magnetic Crossbody Florentine Drawstring Florentine Mini Satchel Mauro Governa Crocodile Double Shopper As I mentioned earlier, I am a total handbag and shoe fanatic.  I loved handbags every since  I received my first Coach bag at the age of 12. As the years went by, I went from being a Coach fanatic to a Dooney and Bourke fanatic, back to a Coach fanatic, and then I ventured into highend designer bags.  I have a personal SA at Louis Vuitton, a SA for Celine Luggage Bags at Barneys and the list goes on.  One thing I could never bring myself to buy was a Birkin Bag.  However, I did purchase a Hermes Evelyn last year and had buyer's remorse so I returned it.  I don't know why because I bought about 11 bags last year ranging from Bottega Veneta, Celine, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton.  I could of owned about five Birkins by now.  I figured Birkins weren't quite my style along with

Is Blogging Dead?

Hello To All. I have been missing in action from this blog since 2015.  I am the type of person that gets bored with things quite quickly.  I have a question for you today.  Is blogging dead?  There are millions of blogs out there covering everything from fashion, food, homes, wine, and etc.  With the fashion piece, Instagram has taken over the need to post a  blog about what a person is wearing and what the audience should buy. However, is it quite necessary to share with the world everything that a person does in their life. I am signing off with this open ended question; should you leave things to the  imagination?  Ponder on that question; will you. Until next time, many, many, many, blessings!