Skip to main content

Huh, One Size Fits All

I want to thank everyone that has supported me and my blog.  As I mentioned when I started this blog almost a month ago, I didn’t have an idea of what direction I wanted to go.  I have some many interests and a huge thought process, which is why my family says that I am random.  My ultimate goal is to express my thoughts while helping others in the process.

As I was surfing the Internet this afternoon, I came across an article of the worst dressed celebrities and Christina Aguilera was on the list.  What I love about the articles that  I read are the comments.  Most of the comments were related to how much weight she gained and how fat she looked.  What grabbed my attention was one commenter said that she wasn’t fat according to African American or Hispanic standards, but to Caucasian standards she was fat.  The reader began to compare how Caucasian women can look good with tattoos on their lighter color skin; while it may not look so good on African Americans.  Then, a Caucasian woman chimed in with solidarity about the different body types of women.  She stated that most women of color carry weight a little bit different than their Caucasian counterparts.  150 pounds on most women of color maybe a size 6 whereas on a Caucasian counterpart maybe a size 12.  The point I am trying to make is, are we a society that is one size fits all?

When I am talking about size, it is not limited to weight but all issues. I went on my first job interview today and the industry that I am in, everyone knows everyone.  Before I can leave my interview, I get a call from a former colleague who says that another former colleague saw me interviewing for a job.  She texted this information to the colleague who called me.  My colleague began to tell me how this person is unhappy at the job and she wants to leave and that I should consider other options.  My colleague also told me that she considered employment at this organization, but withdrew because of the drama.  Mind you, these two former colleagues tried to spoil my high… my high of being grateful to have landed an interview and the overall outcome of a great interview.  Well, as I was still in awe of the impromptu call of job interview escapades, I thought to myself, how this job will work in my best interest…. my best interest.  The position would put me only 10 minutes away from my home instead of the 3 hours I lost a day commuting to downtown Chicago and the money associated with working downtown Chicago. As I always said “time is money.”  The time that you commute is not compensated, it is money lost.  The extra time saved will allow me to spend more time with my family and at the gym. 

This blog is about everyone finding a happy medium for yourself.  There is not a one size fits all. The more and more I read things on the Internet, watch television, or talk to people, the more I am convinced that group think is the culprit.  I think everyone can find their best person in themselves by replacing group think with Ithink.

Blessings!!!!!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dooney and Bourke Florentine Smith Bag in Royal Blue

Good Morning All, I have been enjoying this nice Chicago weather we have.  It has been around 70-80 degrees for almost two weeks now.  It is kind of creepy.  I went to Culver's yesterday to get one of my favorite treats, a three scoop lemon Ice and while in the drive through I see a big bumblebee.  Spring is definitely in the air.  I am waiting for the ball to drop.  Will we be getting 6 inches of snow in May?  Anyways, I got a new bag.  Well, I exchanged a bag that I had bought about two months ago for this bag.  It is the Dooney and Bourke Florentine Smith Bag in Royal Blue.  I had purchased this bag in white/tan for the spring and had a change of heart.  I like white bags; however, they don't wear well.  Eventually they will get some kind of color transfer from denim or they will yellow overtime. I have a Chloe and Marc Jacobs bag that did that.  Well, the bag in my opinion is not royal blue in person.  It is more of a cerulean blue... that same cerulean blue that cause

Dooney and Bourke is Becoming My Favorite Again

Alto Canvas Wide Tassel Bag Amazon Medium Double Gussett Satchel Alto Magnetic Crossbody Florentine Drawstring Florentine Mini Satchel Mauro Governa Crocodile Double Shopper As I mentioned earlier, I am a total handbag and shoe fanatic.  I loved handbags every since  I received my first Coach bag at the age of 12. As the years went by, I went from being a Coach fanatic to a Dooney and Bourke fanatic, back to a Coach fanatic, and then I ventured into highend designer bags.  I have a personal SA at Louis Vuitton, a SA for Celine Luggage Bags at Barneys and the list goes on.  One thing I could never bring myself to buy was a Birkin Bag.  However, I did purchase a Hermes Evelyn last year and had buyer's remorse so I returned it.  I don't know why because I bought about 11 bags last year ranging from Bottega Veneta, Celine, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton.  I could of owned about five Birkins by now.  I figured Birkins weren't quite my style along with

Is Blogging Dead?

Hello To All. I have been missing in action from this blog since 2015.  I am the type of person that gets bored with things quite quickly.  I have a question for you today.  Is blogging dead?  There are millions of blogs out there covering everything from fashion, food, homes, wine, and etc.  With the fashion piece, Instagram has taken over the need to post a  blog about what a person is wearing and what the audience should buy. However, is it quite necessary to share with the world everything that a person does in their life. I am signing off with this open ended question; should you leave things to the  imagination?  Ponder on that question; will you. Until next time, many, many, many, blessings!